Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 348 and Growing


Sometimes I have an idea that's more of a concept than anything else. This is definitely one of those times.

If you're an organized person, this is a really fast 15 to 30 minute project. If you're disorganized this will send you into a wrath of frustration for weeks. Here's what I did. I made a slip knot and put it on a hook. I chained one stitch. I grabbed another yarn, made a slip knot, put it on the hook and made one chain stitch using both yarns. I grabbed another yarn and did the same with the third stitch. Et cetera Etc etera Et cetera. By the end I really don't know how many yarns I had all together. I kept having to switch to a larger hook far earlier than I was expecting. Barely a third of the way through I was already just using fingers only. Had I continued much farther, I expect I'd have been able to put my whole arm through the loops.

Most interesting to me is the way it looks like a real lock of braided hair (not in the color but in the texture. I've always noticed how a braid of hair got so small so very quickly and this scarf did basically the same thing but backwards.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've made a mess of my yarn stash and will be untangling for a few days. XP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!