Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 331 and Cro-knit


Okkay here's one that's completely new to me! I can't believe I had one of these needles in my stash! I know I never bought it... maybe my mom passed it on to me.

Anyway, the technique is called cro-knitting, cro-hooking, double-end crocheting, crocheniting, and double tunisian, but as far as I can tell, they all stand for the same thing. The technique uses a long needle with a crochet style hook at both ends and two strands of yarn. The basic stitch (seen here) is exactly the tunisian or afghan stitch. The big difference is that after picking up all the stitches onto the need, you *turn* the needle and work the return row and another pick up row in the opposite color. Check out this video by Mary Middleton to see the basic stitch in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!