Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 200 and Bruges


Bruges lace is a crochet technique which appears much simpler than it is. A simple strip like this sure enough is easy, but just google "Bruges lace" and the complex ways you can join as you go will astound you. I'm not sure I can do the fancy stitches, but I can certainly get the basic ribbon going.

There are a bunch of ways to do this and any smooth stitch with loops at each end can be used as a base.

Mine is like this:
Chain 13, DC into the 7th chain from hook and each of the next 6.
*Chain 7, DC once into each of the 6 DCs of the previous row* until you have the length you want.

If you want to make pretty patterns you have to plan ahead and join the chains at the appropriate time. I'll need some practice before I get

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!