Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 186 and Wiggles


I've used crochet chains as ladders before, but when the chains aren't all the same length an interesting thing happens. Even when every single row has an equal number of chains and single crochet stitches, they still wiggle side to side.

I used 11 chains, a single crochet, 1 chain, and another single crochet on my starting chain repeated over and over. For each following row, I subtracted 2 from one chain set and added 2 to the other chain set always making sure the single crochets lined up.

I suspect that there are lots of interesting effects that could be made by just changing the number of chains in each set and whether or not they lined up. I'll have to play with it some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!