Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 150 and Sky Diving


Would it be wrong to admit that I picked blue for this scarf just so I could give it the above title? Well if it's wrong, I don't want to be right.

I wanted to go a little punk, but it's so thick and fluffy, I'm not sure I pulled it off. It was still good practice on making drop stitches stop dropping where you want them to. I'm sure there are a bunch of ways to make it happen, but the way I do it is as follows.

  • I knit normally until I come to the place where I want my dropped stitch to end.
  • I do a M1 (make one) stitch using the bar in the stitches below followed by a k2tog.
  • I knit normally until I have the length of the drop stitch I want.
  • I drop the stitch and continue knitting normally
So far, the drop always is exactly as long as I want it to be. I do notice that the fabric gets significantly wider when using such very large stitches as I've been using. I'll have to keep that in mind next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!