Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 84 and Audrey


During construction, I was imagining the iconic picture of Audrey Hepburn in the black dress with pearls.

I'm at the point where thinking up fast scarves to do in between more in depth scarves is possibly more difficult than construction. Ideas are hard. Techniques are easy.

For this scarf, I made a handful of crochet chains in black and tied the bundle together at each end. With bright white i-cord lengths, I wrapped the cords around some of the chains at various intervals and crossed them into figure eights before connecting the ends. I ended up with something rather avant garde which could easily function as a lariat style necklace as well as a light weight scarf.

-Also, Curse you, weird horizontal lines!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!