Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 51 and Hairpin


Hi there! I broke out one of my hairpin pace looms! When I first learned to crochet it was because I happened to find my mom's stash of crochet tools one day. I was pretty young at the time and the lace loom was taken apart to fit nicely in her storage places. It took me a long time to figure out what the heck it was or how to use it. I'm glad I did because it's a very fast and very satisfying technique.

This particular scarf was made with only one length of hairpin lace in the normal pattern set at 3 inches wide. I didn't count loops at all. I just kept going until I was happy with the length. At the end, I took the piece off the loom but kept the hook in place, chained 5 to get to the height of a loop and finished it in the same manner as broomstick lace.
3 single crochets into 3 loops of hairpin lace held as one. Just make sure to get all the loops in the same direction, with the same twist, and in the same order.
At the other end, 5 ch, 1 sc into center rib, 5 ch and finish the other side.
Ch 5, sc into the center rib at the other end and you'll have a nice symmetrical scarf and it probably won't take more than 2 or 3 hours depending on just how long you want that scarf to be!
--------------------------

In other news, I managed to lose my favorite SD card between yesterday and today. I'm a little annoyed by it, but what can I do except search?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!